Conditional sentences 練習
Fill in the blanks with appropriate words to complete the conditional sentences:
Type 0 Conditional:
If it rains, the roads __________ (get) slippery. Answer: gets
If you heat ice, it __________ (melt). Answer: melts
If the sun rises in the east, it __________ (set) in the west. Answer: does not set
If you study hard, you __________ (pass) the exam. Answer: pass
If you don’t water the plants, they __________ (die). Answer: die
Type 1 Conditional:
If I have time, I __________ (visit) you. Answer: will visit
If he studies for the test, he __________ (pass) it. Answer: will pass
If she eats too much, she __________ (feel) sick. Answer: will feel
If it snows, we __________ (build) a snowman. Answer: will build
If they arrive on time, we __________ (start) the meeting. Answer: will start
Type 2 Conditional:
If I had a car, I __________ (drive) to work. Answer: would drive
If it were sunny, we __________ (go) to the park. Answer: would go
If he knew the answer, he __________ (tell) us. Answer: would tell
If she had more money, she __________ (buy) a new car. Answer: would buy
If they had time, they __________ (help) us. Answer: would help
Type 3 Conditional:
If I had studied, I __________ (pass) the exam. Answer: would have passed
If it had rained, the roads __________ (be) slippery. Answer: would have been
If he had listened, he __________ (understand) the instructions. Answer: would have understood
If she had taken the medicine, she __________ (feel) better. Answer: would have felt
If they had followed the map, they __________ (not get) lost. Answer: wouldn’t have gotten.
- I want to _____ a doctor when I grow up.
- I love to _____ music in my free time.
Answer: listen to
- He promised to _____ his best for the game.
- She wants to _____ to Paris next year.
- They decided to _____ a picnic in the park.
- I need to _____ my homework before dinner.
- The children like to _____ in the pool.
- I hate to _____ up early on weekends.
- We plan to _____ a trip to the mountains.
- He is afraid to _____ heights.
Very few / very little / enough 練習
There is __________ sugar left in the jar, we need to buy more. Answer: very little
She is __________ happy with her current job, she wants to find a new one. Answer: very little
We need __________ water to cook the pasta, let’s fill the pot. Answer: enough
He has __________ time to play video games, he spends most of his day studying. Answer: very little
There are __________ seats available in the movie theater, we have to look for another place to go. Answer: very few
We have __________ money to buy a new car, we will have to save more. Answer: very little
There is __________ bread in the kitchen, we have to go to the store to buy some. Answer: very little
He is __________ confident in his abilities to play the piano, he needs more practice. Answer: very little
We have __________ food for the party, we need to buy more. Answer: very little
There are __________ people left in the park, it’s getting late. Answer: very few
Too / very / very much 練習
__________ hot weather can be uncomfortable to handle. Answer: Too
I’m __________ happy to hear about your new job. Answer: Very
He ate __________ pizza and now he feels sick. Answer: Too much
The movie was __________ boring, I fell asleep halfway through. Answer: Very
She has __________ experience to handle this situation. Answer: Enough
The party was __________ loud, we had to leave early. Answer: Too
He is __________ tired to study. Answer: Too
I am __________ excited to see you soon. Answer: Very
She spends __________ time working and doesn’t have time for anything else. Answer: Too much
He is __________ kind to help others. Answer: Very
The music was __________ good, we danced all night. Answer: Very
The cake was __________ sweet, I couldn’t eat more than a piece. Answer: Too
He __________ likes ice cream, he eats it every day. Answer: Very much
The book was __________ interesting, I couldn’t put it down. Answer: Very
Either or / Neither nor 練習
Fill in the blanks with ‘either … or / neither … nor’.
1. You can hand in the form_____ in person _____ by fax but you
cannot hand it in by email.
Answer: either … or
2. Miss Ho is healthy. She _____ goes swimming _____ plays
badminton after work.
Answer: either … or
3. No one is coming to their party, _____ his friends _____ her
Answer: neither … nor
4. _____James _____ Irene knows how to train dogs. They are both
experienced dog trainers.
Answer: Either … or
5. My parents are busy. _____Mum _____ Dad will come to the
School Open Day.
Answer: Neither … nor
Phrasal verbs 練習
I need to __________ up the room before my mother gets home. Answer: clean
I always __________ out my closet every spring. Answer: clean
Can you __________ me a favor and pick up some groceries on your way home? Answer: do
The kids always __________ up early on Saturday mornings. Answer: get
I need to __________ this shirt, it’s full of wrinkles. Answer: iron
Can you __________ me what the homework is for tonight? Answer: tell
I’m trying to __________ my eating habits, so I’m cutting back on junk food. Answer: change
My brother is always __________ out his hair in the morning. Answer: combing
I need to __________ this recipe before I can start cooking. Answer: follow
Can you __________ me a hand with moving the couch? Answer: give
I’m trying to __________ my weight, so I’m going to the gym every day. Answer: lose
I always __________ out my schedule at the beginning of the week. Answer: plan
I need to __________ up this report before my boss gets back. Answer: finish
Can you __________ me a ride to the airport tomorrow? Answer: give
I’m trying to __________ my language skills, so I’m taking classes twice a week. Answer: improve
Adjectives (-ed/-ing) 練習
- I was very __________ (bore) by the movie.
- The __________ (excite) news made me jump with joy.
- The __________ (tire) journey took us 6 hours to complete.
- She was a __________ (please) person to talk to.
- The view from the hill was __________ (breathe).
- The __________ (interest) book was a mystery novel.
- She felt __________ (embarrass) when she saw him.
- The __________ (amaze) magic show left the audience in awe.
- The __________ (confuse) instructions made it difficult to assemble the furniture.
- The __________ (annoy) traffic made the drive seem endless.
- The __________ (entertain) party had many games and activities.
- The __________ (disappoint) ending of the book ruined it for her.
- The __________ (surprise) birthday party was a great success.
- She was __________ (impress) by the paintings at the museum.
- The __________ (relax) beach was the perfect place to spend the day.
Passive voice 練習
This cake (bake) by my mother every year. Ans: is baked
The roads (repair) by the city council next month. Ans: will be repaired
The flowers (water) by the gardener every day. Ans: are watered
The window (clean) once a week. Ans: is cleaned
The books (return) to the library tomorrow. Ans: will be returned
The car (wash) by the car wash next door. Ans: is washed
The letter (write) by my best friend. Ans: was written
The room (decorate) by the interior designer. Ans: is decorated
The children (teach) by the new teacher. Ans: are taught
The food (prepare) by the chef in the kitchen. Ans: is prepared
The match (play) by the local soccer team today. Ans: is played
The broken vase (fix) by the craftsman. Ans: was fixed
The test (grade) by the teacher next week. Ans: will be graded
The clothes (wash) by the laundry every Saturday. Ans: are washed
The film (watch) by the whole family tonight. Ans: will be watched
如果大家有什麼英文問題，如Spencer Lam, 好唔好咁樣學英文呀? 或者IELTS考試，成人英文/商業英文的知識及英文資源，歡迎你可以隨時再跟我多交流一下，可以Follow 「Spencer Lam English Team」 Facebook page同IG得到更多英文資訊，亦都可以上 https://spencerlam.hk/ 了解更多!