2020 DSE English Paper 2題目
這篇文章會提供齊全的2020 DSE English Paper 2題目，囊括Part A和Part B。
For Question 1, write about 200 words.
1. You finally got the chance to eat at Hong Kong’s hottest new restaurant, Dim Sum One. Write a review for Eat & Drink, an online food guide that allows users to write their own reviews.
- Write about what you liked, what you didn’t like and if you would recommend this restaurant.
- You can choose to write about any of the following in your review.
Q2 Learning English through Popular Culture
Some of Hong Kong’s housing estates have become extremely popular places to take Instagram photos.
As part of a class assignment, you interviewed Instagrammers and residents at a housing estate which has been listed as one of the top 10 places in Hong Kong to take Instagram photos.
- Write an essay for your assignment.
- Explain what attracts Instagrammers to Hong Kong’s housing estates and how residents feel about this.
Q3 Learning English through Social Issues
In recent years, the number of small independent stationery shops in Hong Kong has fallen.
- Write a news report for the Hong Kong Post.
Explain this trend and discuss whether independent stationery shops can survive.
Q4 Learning English through Workplace Communication
You work for the Park Hotel in Hong Kong. You would like to apply for a work transfer to the Shanghai branch of the hotel.
- Write a letter to Mr Wong, your manager.
- Highlight your work experience, why you would like to transfer and how your transfer will benefit the organisation.
Q5 Learning English through Sports Communication
Some people think that the International Olympic Committee (IOC) should include a greater variety of sports in the Olympic Games. However, for a sport to be considered a new Olympic event, it must meet the following criteria: 1) appeal to young people; 2) promote gender equality; 3) attract media coverage.
The IOC is inviting the public to suggest sports to be included in future Olympics. You would like to propose Dragon Boat Racing.
- Write a letter to the President of the IOC.
- Give reasons to support your opinion.
Q6 Learning English through Debating
To raise public awareness of healthy eating, some countries now legally require food manufacturers to put warning labels on foods that are high in sugar, saturated fat and salt.
- Write an argumentative essay.
- Argue either for OR against the effectiveness of food warning labels in changing people’s eating habits.
Q7 Learning English through Poems and Songs
You are a reporter for Do-Re-Mi, a music magazine. You interviewed Zoe Kwan, who has just won ‘Best New Artist’ at the HKTV Music Awards.
- Write a feature article based on your interview.
- Report on Zoe’s sudden rise to fame and where the ideas behind her songs came from.
Q8 Learning English through Short Stories
Sci-Fi magazine is organising a First Chapter Competition. The competition involves writing the first chapter of a story based on the following scenario.
A journalist is sent to investigate a research station in the Arctic after staff begin to mysteriously disappear one by one.
- You would like to enter the competition.
- Write the first chapter ONLY of your story.
Q9 Learning English through Drama
You are visiting Hong Kong. Last night, a friend took you to the new Xiqu Centre in West Kowloon Cultural District to watch Chinese Opera. You didn’t think you would like it, but after watching the performance, you changed your mind.
- Write a blog post for World Passport, a travel blog about different places and cultures.
- Describe your experience and the impact it had on you.