2021 DSE English Paper 2題目
這篇文章會提供齊全的2021 DSE English Paper 2題目，囊括Part A和Part B。
For Question 1, write about 200 words.
1. You are helping your school organize the annual school fair. You have been ask to make an announcement about the event during the morning assembly.
Use the poster below to help you write your announcement. In your announcement:
- Introduce the event.
- Describe some of the activities that will take place.
- Let students know how they can help out.
Q2 Learning English through Social Issues
Although studies show electric cars are more environmentally friendly than petrol cars, less than 3% of all vehicles sold in 2020 worldwide were electric.
Write a letter to editor of Hong Kong Post.
- Discuss why sales of electric vehicles are so low.
- Suggest what can be done to attract more people to drive these vehicles.
Q3 Learning English through Workplace Communication
You work in the sales department at Fast Fashion, an online company that sells clothes. Recently, you have received a number of complaints from customers about the company’s no-exchange/no-refund policy.
Write an email to the sales manager.
- Explain why you think this policy should be changed.
- Suggest what changes could be made.
- Discuss ways to prevent customers from taking advantage of the new policy.
Q4 Learning English through Sports Communication
You are a professional athlete looking for a career change. You have seen the job vacancy shown below and would like to apply for the position of Assistant Coach.
Hong Kong Sports Foundation in hiring Assistant Coaches
To design training programs for elite athletes –
To organize international sporting competitions –
To identify and support local talent
Write a job application letter to the Human Resources Manager.
Introduce yourself and your athletic history.
Explain your interest and suitability for the job.
Q5 Learning English through Debating
A social media influencer is a person who is paid by a company to promote goods and services through their social media networks.
Surveys show that a majority of millennials trust the advice of social media influencer over a traditional media advertisements. Write an argumentative essay.
- Discuss whether social media influencers are more trustworthy than traditional media advertisements.
- Give reasons to support your point of view.
Q6 Learning English through Popular Culture
You took part in a social media challenge called ‘The 21-day Gratitude Challenge’. For three weeks, you kept a journal about the things you were thankful for on a daily basis.
After completing the challenge, participants are invited to share their experience on the 21-day Gratitude Challenge website.
Write a blog post.
- Explain why you accepted this challenge and what you hoped to achieve.
- Reflect on the 21 days and whether taking on this challenge has changed you in any way.
Q7 Learning English through Short Stories
You are joining a short story contest organized by a book shop.
Write a scary story about a security guard on duty one night,
Use the pictures to help you write your story. You can use the pictures in any order.
Q8 Learning English through Short Stories
You read this poem in class and your teacher has asked you to write an essay on the theme of friendship.
New Friends and Old Friends
Make new friends, but keep the old.
One is silver, the other is gold.
Friendships that have stood the test—
Time and change – are surely best.
Cherish friendship in your breast –-
New is good but old is best.
Joseph Parry (1841 – 1903)
Use these questions to help you write your essay:
- What is the difference between old and new friendships?
- Do you agree that older friendships are better than new ones?
Q9 Learning English through Drama
You want to be a screenwriter and have an idea of a TV drama series about three generations of a family.
Write a letter to the production manager at TV-Station X.
Introduce the characters, plot and setting of your TV drama.
Explain why you think this idea would be popular with viewers.