Inversion 用法 大全
By the way, do you have Tony’s contact details?
- Conditional sentence
- Direct speech
- so/neither/nor/as/than 後使用
甚至連question tag 都會使用！
- Do your teachers set you a lot of homework?
- Was this bus here earlier today?
- Did Karen remember to post my letters?
- Has Freddy had his breakfast yet?
- Can we go swimming on Saturday?
- Would you like another dumpling?
- Who was that boy outside the door?
- Where shall we go tonight?
- We should get up early tomorrow, shouldn’t we?
- John likes to play tennis, doesn’t he?
- hardly ever
- no sooner … than
- not only
- not until/till
- scarcely ever
- scarcely … when
- under/in no circumstances
- Under no circumstances should they have any problems.
- Rarely does Joe do his work on time.
- Never have I been to such a lovely place.
- Only by regular exercise can you hope to keep fit.
當我們倒置Conditional Sentence Type 1時，我們將 if 替換為 should
當我們倒置Conditional Sentence Type 2時，我們總是使用助動詞 were
當我們倒置Conditional Sentence Type 3時，我們改變主語和助動詞 had 的順序，並刪除 if：
Should you change your mind, please let me know.
(= If you change your mind, please let me know.)
Were Carl to ask you to the party, would you accept?
(= If Carl asked you to the party, would you accept?)
Have we been told about Mr. Lam Mr Lee’s visit earlier, we’d have had much more time to get everything prepared.
(= If Sue had seen your exam results, she would have been impressed.)
- ‘I’ll help you with that,’ said the stranger.
- ‘Sit down and be quiet!’ shouted Miss Lee.
‘Shall I get some cold drinks?’ he asked.
我們也可以在 so 和 neither/nor 之後使用inversion。
另外，在否定陳述之後使用 neither 或 nor
此外，我們可以使用倒置來與 as 和 than 進行比較。
- John’s gone on holiday. Has he? So has Dan.
(= Dan has gone on holiday too.)
- I don’t know how to swim. Neither / Nor do I.
(= I don’t know how to swim either.)
- The Hong Kong Car Service Company is reliable, as is ABC Company.
- Mr Ho visits Hong Kong more often than does Mr Lam.
- Not only …also (不但…而且)
Example: Not only does China manufacture goods, it also produces many prominent athletes.
- Seldom … (甚少)
Example: Seldom do Hong Kong students read books in their leisure time.
- Rarely… (極少)
Example: Rarely does the CY Leung administration listen to public opinion.
Example: With the ossified education system, hardly can students develop their creativity.
- Never … (永不)
Example: Despite its promise in the constitution, never does Beijing allow the citizens to have freedom of expression, freedom of press and freedom of religion.
- At no time (永不會)
Example: At no time will the central government agree to the implementation of universal suffrage in Hong Kong.
- No longer (不再)
Example: With its burgeoning economic and military strength, no longer does China make humiliating concessions to foreign powers.
- Under no circumstances (沒有任何條件)
Example: Under no circumstances should we tolerate domestic violence in a society.
- Hardly a day elapses without + / v.+ing (沒有一天沒有)
Example: Hardly a day elapses without disheartening news.
- SVO. + Nor does + sbdy + (不做…亦不做)
SVO. + Nor can + sbdy + v. (不能…亦不能)
Example: Being a socially withdrawn youngster lacking motivation, he does not go to school, nor does he search for jobs.
Example: Getting lost in the remote forest, he could not find any food, nor could he call the police.
- Only through… (只有通過)
Example: Only through international cooperation can we stem the tide of cross-border crimes, like prostitution, drug trafficking and terrorist activities.
- The + 比較級+ SV, the比較級 + SV
Example: The harder we work, the better results we can get.
- The sooner….the better (越快越好)
Example: The sooner we concentrate on our studies, the better.
- Only when + SVO + can + sbdy + (只有到…時候，才會…)
Example: Only when the Japanese government encourages more married women to rejoin the labour force can Japan raise its productivity.
- So + is + S + that + SVO
Example: So magnificent is the scenery of Yangtze River that it captivates tourists from around the globe.
- Such is + the + + n. + that + VO
Example: Such is the indomitable spirit that has contributed to Hong Kong’s phenomenal success and transformation into the Pearl of the Orient.
- Scarcely had sbdy + + when + sbdy + v. (不久後…便…)
No sooner had + sbdy + v. + than + sbdy + v. (不久後…便…)
(past perfect + past)
Example: Scarcely had the prisoners finished their lunch when they were ordered to work.
Example: No sooner had he crossed the finish line than he fainted.
- In/On/At + 地方 + + n.
Example: At the airport stood a swarm of crazy fans.
如果大家有什麼英文問題，如Spencer Lam, 好唔好咁樣學英文呀? 或者IELTS考試，成人英文/商業英文的知識及英文資源，歡迎你可以隨時再跟我多交流一下，可以Follow 「Spencer Lam English Team」 Facebook page同IG得到更多英文資訊，亦都可以上 https://spencerlam.hk/ 了解更多!
- countable & uncountable noun
- 英文數字 全攻略
- comparatives &superlatives
- adjective pattern
- modal verb
- Gerund & Infinitives
- relative clause
- reported speech
- present participle
- past participle
- 英文連接詞 大全
- conditional sentence
- phrasal verb
- question tag