Not only but also 用法
一文解決你對Not only but also 用法的煩惱！
因此小編將會分享Not only but also 用法，並配上相應例句。
Not only A but also B 是指「不只 … 還 …」，相對更強調B，有一種層遞的感覺。
I like not only apples but also oranges.
- Not only A but also B 前後A B結構必須對等。
- Not only 放在句首時，需使用倒裝句(inversion)。
- Not only A but also B B後面的動詞需跟從B，不要被A擾亂。
因爲not only A but also B 是對等的sentence structure。
A&B可以是單一個名詞、形容詞或子句， A 和 B 兩者的詞性和時態必須是互相呼應的。
即是説：如果 A 是名詞，B 也一定要是名詞，如果 A 是句子， B 也必須為句子。
The car not only is economical but also feels good to drive.
The war caused not only destruction and death but also generations of hatred between the two communities.
Noun 對 Noun
- Not only +
do/does/did/will/should/would/can/could + 主詞 + 動詞(bare infinitive) , but + 主詞 + (also) + 動詞
- Not only + be 動詞 + 主詞 , but + 主詞 + be 動詞 + (also)
- Not only did she forget my birthday, but she also didn’t even apologise for forgetting it.
- Not only was it raining all day at the wedding but also the band was late.
Not only does she want a pay increase, but her friends also want reduced hours as well.
Not only Noun, but also Noun
If this project fails, it will affect not only our department, but also the whole organization.
Not only VO, but also VO
They not only practice frequently but also arrive early.
Not only SVO(倒裝), but also SVO
Not only did she forget my birthday, but she also didn’t even apologise for forgetting it.
The war caused not merely destruction and death but also generations of hatred between the two communities.
This essay is not only wordy but boring (also).