Type 2 conditional Sentence
論在寫作或說話部分，都要用到一定的文法結構 (grammatical structures)，讓考官知道你有一定的英文水平。今期與大家談談條件句 (conditional sentences ‘IF’) 的用法，尤其是第二類 (type 2)在理解上和結構上要特別注意，否則便會用錯。
conditional sentence type 2 用法
Conditional sentence 2 example：
If your dog said ‘miaow’, you’d be very surprised.
這句話背後的含義就是狗不太可能會miaow miaow 叫。
If I was rich, I would travel all the time.
She’d enjoy herself much more if she had a hobby.
If I were you, I’d try to save more money.
I’d behave better if I were Nathan.
Conditional sentences Type 2 formula
they gave him a dog,
he would (’d)
be so happy!
If they gave him a god, he would be so happy
Conditional sentences type 2 exercises with answers
下面就是一些 Type 2 Conditional sentences 的題目，并且有答案！
Conditional sentences type 2 exercises
1. I wouldn’t fly first class _____ I were really rich. I’d only fly first class then.
A. if B. whenever C. unless D. when
2. I wouldn’t behave so rudely if I _____ Susan.
A. ’d be B. wouldn’t be C. were D. wasn’t
3. The park would be cleaner if people _____ so much rubbish behind.
A. would leave B. wouldn’t leave C. left D. didn’t leave
4. What a shame! If Mum didn’t want me to go home now, I _____ out longer.
A. didn’t stay B. stayed C. wouldn’t stay D. ’d stay
5. If everyone was the same, the world _____ a very interesting place.
A. was B. wasn’t C. wouldn’t be D. would be
6. If I ran this school, I _____ good students more awards. They deserve them!
A. ’d give B. wouldn’t give C. gave D. didn’t give
7. If the sea were warmer, we _____ swimming.
A. might go B. mightn’t go C. were D. weren’t
8. Bill would lose more weight if he _____ so much every day.
A. wasn’t eating B. was eating C. wouldn’t eat D. ’d eat
9. If you left now, you _____ the last bus. It won’t arrive for another ten minutes.
A. couldn’t catch B. could catch C. didn’t catch D. caught
10. _____ more games if Eddie was our captain?
A. We’d win B. Would we win C. We won D. Did we win
Conditional sentences type 2 exercises answer