DSE Reading 答題技巧
覺得 DSE reading 無從入手？想喺DSE reading 搶分、攞5**？以下係5種 DSE reading 必學 答題技巧，我哋仲會教埋你搶分攻略，咁喺 DSE 試場再見到佢哋就唔駛揗晒雞啦～！
- What is the tone in paragraph 1?
- The main idea expressed in paragraph 1 and 2 is that…
- In paragraph 6, the author’s main point is …
- The writer considers that…
- What is the tone of the writer?
- How does the writer feel about…?
- The writer’s conclusion is that…
- The writer wants you to feel…
- What message is implied?
例: How does Winston feel when he says, “Fine”? (2014)
例: According to paragraph 1, dystopia for young readers is … (2013Q46)
A. an imagined, perfect world
B. an unfamiliar, terrifying place
C. a world similar to their own （答案）
D. a world to be avoided
例: According to paragraph 1, what is China accused of? (PPQ51)
A. naked capitalism
B. destruction of the environment（片面）
C. putting the economy before the environment （全面）（答案）
D. hiding its environmental mess
(原文: China is often accused of all but destroying its environment in the name of economic growth)
- 留意重點動詞和形容詞 (見生字表)
- 留意連接詞，明白句子與句子之間的因果關係(because, so)和轉折關係 (although, but, However, instead)
- 留意It is important to、It is essential to等句式
- 留意What we should do is…等句式
First of all / Another …為Elaboration，不是段旨/主旨。
What is the main idea of paragraph 4?
Chua’s strict parenting guidelines…are familiar to many mainland Chinese families. (留意標題句)
Chinese people are familiar with strict parenting guidelines.
What is the main idea of paragraph 5?
Shanghai schoolkids outperformed all other contenders in reading, science, and math. Of the next three top performers, students in Hong Kong, Singapore, and South Korea, two are ethnic Chinese societies and the third is based on Confucian beliefs, prompting the New York Times’ Nicholas Kristof to declare Confucianism the hands-down winner. Participants in the American study scored No.15 in reading, No.23 in science, and No.31 in math.
A. Shanghai students scored the highest in the tests. (片面)
B. American students did not do so well in the tests. (片面)
C. Chinese students performed
better than Western students. (片面)
D. Students from societies based on Confucian beliefs performed the best.
What is the main idea of paragraph 1? Zoos, aquariums and marine parks…
Zoos, aquariums and marine parks have been widely and rightly recognized by the public and by governments for their long-standing contributions to marine education and protection of ocean wildlife and habitats.
For all these people, zoos and aquariums are a resource for wildlife education, motivators for environmental stewardship and a place for family recreation.
A. are funded by governments
B. are well supported by the general public
C. are attracting increasing numbers of visitors each year
D. are centres of education, conservation and entertainment
Complete their conversation with suitable words or expressions from the box below. Write the letters in the space provided.
- 例如對話出現 “people”，配對選項出現，“them”，這個選項便可能是答案。
- 例如對話出現 “fashion”，配對選項出現 “the industry”，這個選項便可能是答案。
- 留意同意詞和相關字眼，例如 “career”和 “doctors”、”lawyers”等字相配。
- 留意橫線附近字詞的詞性，例如前面是名詞，便要有普通動詞、be (is/am/are/was/were)或情態動詞 (can/ should, etc.)
- Match each person with the correct speech bubble.
- Below are some quotes on fame. Which one most closely matches the writer’s opinion?
- Write the correct book title under each of the following plot descriptions.
- Decide which person is likely to have said each one.
- Decide whether each person is for (F) or against (A) …
- mentally control的同義詞是mind-control，the only one的同義詞是no one else
- societal harmony 的變體是harmonious social order，believe的變體是belief
- For or against的題目，如果相關人物從事相關行業，並且有正面評價，就要填for，有負面評價就要填against