letter to the editor 格式
正所謂主角永遠最後出場，所以受千呼萬喚、擁有極高人氣的重中之重 – Letter to the editor (給編輯的一封信) 就是今期要介紹的實用文寫作格式。
相信各位DSE考生對 Letter to the editor 都不會陌生，因為它就是卷二和卷三的一位常客。
今期筆者就會為大家詳細介紹及解釋在寫作 Letter to the editor – 給編輯的信時需要注意的地方，
Letter to the Editor，名副其實是一封信，雖然不是指郵寄的那些信件但是 letter to the editor 格式 其實就是一封書信，所以自然包括上款、下款及內文。
- 內文 (points + 過度段)
Letter to the editor 格式 千篇一律，基本上都是一樣的，所以只要緊記格式就不需要另作改變，更不要另外自行創作！！！
- As a regular reader of your column who takes heed of the prevalent trend in cosmetic surgery, I am writing to bring to the public’s attention the seriousness of such a phenomenon.
- As a concerned member of society, I am writing to express my opinion on⋯
- As a parent myself, I am writing to draw the attention of the readers to…
- another article, a survey, a report
- While flicking through the newspapers, it is not uncommon that we are overwhelmed with the news about miserable little creatures being tortured by their wicked owners.
- There is a diverse spectrum of opinions of 名詞.
- The advocates cling to the idea … while critics point their fingers at 名詞
- Divergent as people’s views on this issue in question may be, I am in favour of the idea because its benefits outweigh its drawbacks.
主題句 + ( )
The first point that I would like to focus on is (that)+ sentence
- Arguably, 句子
- By minimizing public exposure to this surgery can such an obsession with plastic surgery be mitigated.
- This exemplifies the loss of personal judgment for those who have an obsession with physical beauty.
- It has long been acknowledged that 句子
- In the same vein, undergoing plastic surgery is tantamount to exchanging our faces for banknotes.
- Most of the activities, if not all, are confined to traditional ball games: basketball, volleyball, football badminton, just to name but a few
- Many people tend to bury their heads in the sand when it comes to violence against animals.
- Depressing yet common as it seems, many students put their heads down on desks and take a nap during lessons.
- Will the lessons become more interesting and enlightening after waking up one hour later? The answer is an emphatic no.
Solving the above problem/issue may appear to be a hollow talk.
Having delved into the root of the problem, I have conjured up two concrete suggestions.
- Critics put forth the idea that ___. However, I am certain that this is not the case
- This argument may seem reasonable on the surface, but upon closer inspection, it does not hold.
I hope that this letter may shed some light on our dissatisfaction/our anger.
It is earnest hope that our classmates’ opinions are taken into consideration so that our concerted efforts can make our campus more vibrant (動力).
So what do you prefer, gold or banknotes, inner beauty or physical beauty? Make your wise choice.
以上的都是一些速記，罐頭的句式。但要拿5**還有一段距離以下會提供 2021 DSE english paper 2 Question Sample。而全部都是出自5**狀元的手筆！
Learning English through Social Issues
Although studies show electric cars are more environmentally friendly than petrol cars, less than 3% of all vehicles sold in 2020 worldwide were electric.
Write a letter to editor of Hong Kong Post.
- Discuss why sales of electric vehicles are so low.
- Suggest what can be done to attract more people to drive these vehicles.
Dear Sir/ Madam,
I am writing to express my deepest concern about the public’s lack of enthusiasm in purchasing, and by extension, driving electric cars.
As an environmentalist, I was somewhat appalled at reading the statistic that less than 3% of all vehicles sold in 2020 were electric.
作為一名環保主義者，我對 2020 年售出的所有汽車中只有不到 3% 的電動汽車的統計數據感到有些震驚。
I have been ruminating on the possible reasons and solutions for the last few days, and hope to bring them to the attention of your readership.
Out of all the reasons, there are none more significant than the lack of supporting facilities.
Hong Kong, for all its claims of being a high-tech city, is oddly bereft when it comes to electric car chargers and parking spaces, and so are many other cities such as Tokyo and Chicago,
I went and counted chargers in the vicinity of my apartment, and behold, found no more than three.
Lamentably, technology has not yet progressed to the level where electric car batteries can last as long as a full tank of petrol – even 24 hours of continuous use is pushing the limit for electric cars
可悲的是，技術還沒有發展到電動汽車電池可以像一整箱汽油一樣持續使用的水平——即使是 24 小時連續使用也在推動電動汽車的極限
It is precisely under this backdrop that electric chargers are so crucial for increasing electric car usage.
That people select to purchase a petrol-driven car. In favour of an electric car is conceivable – who would enjoy planning their day-to-day lives around charging spots, and who would not want to avoid the humiliation it running out of battery in the middle of a six-lane busy road during rush hours?
人們選擇購買汽油驅動的汽車。支持電動汽車可以想像 – 誰會喜歡在充電點周圍規劃他們的日常生活，誰不想避免在高峰時段在六車道繁忙的道路中間耗盡電池的羞辱？
Another reason that comes to mind is insufficient promotion.
We rarely see an advertisement on promotional material for electric cars, and even if the occasional Tesla or Henchy makes it into the spotlight, it is often to ostentatiously show off the car, while the tangible benefits are left out of public discouragement.
Had I not been deeply involved in environmental patterns since a young age, I would not have known about how electrical cars eliminate nitrogen oxides and sulphur oxides car exhaust, thus helping reduce acid rain, not to mention putting a stopper in global warming.
Inertia and the tendency to choose the path of resistance have long plagued us. Such is the flow of mankind.
Without informing people of better alternatives and letting them know that they have a choice, how can people be jerked out of their inertia and realize the advantages of driving an electric vehicle?
The current situation is dire but not irredeemable. I have been able to come up with suggestions, and I sincerely hope there will be implemented in the near future.
On the top of the list is offering economic incentives.
It is unfathomable that a couple of years ago, the transport sector has received sizeable subsidies to upgrade their buses to Euro V models, yet civilians are unable to benefit from similar subsidies to track their petrol-driven car for an electric car.
Surely, the number of existing car owners must outreach potential car owners. The sales of electric cars can be greatly boosted.
By cost reduction purchasing an electrical car, more people will be enticed to buy one and make a change.
Under no circumstances should we underestimate the effectiveness of installing more facilities such as electrical car changes.
The recycling movement is a case in point. Ever since the tricolon recycling bus became a common sight on a sheet, the willingness of people to recycle has shown an uptick.
Similarly, promising sufficient chargers will lower the hurdle of driving electric vehicles on the chargers so that the public will be cognizant of an electric car ownership.
To amplify the effect and kill two birds with one stone, why not print promotional content detailing the boon of driving electrical vehicles and the chargers so that the public will be cognizant of the cogent reasons for why they should switch to an electric car?
With the ubiquitous, pervasive presence of chargers, people will realize that electric cars are no more inconvenient than a petrol cars.
people will realize that driving electric cars is no more inconvenient than a petrol car, people will realize that they too can contribute to the prevention of climate change, and people will realize that there is nothing stopping them from switching to an electric car.
In conclusion, though it is upsetting that people should have such an aversion towards purchasing electric vehicles, it is only a human response to the lack of chargers, subsidies and promotion.
We must take concerted efforts to persuade our governments that the above must be implemented so that our roads will one day be free of polluting exhaust fumes.
I implore you all to take a moment to do your part, so that our next generation can enjoy clear skies and fresh air
以上就是 2021 DSE english paper 2題目 Q2的答案，大家不妨學習5**狀元的文筆。那麼，在學習 DSE 英文 writing 時便能有效1000%！
如果大家有什麼英文問題，如Spencer Lam, 好唔好咁樣學英文呀? 或者IELTS考試，成人英文/商業英文的知識及英文資源，歡迎你可以隨時再跟我多交流一下，可以Follow 「Spencer Lam English Team」 Facebook page同IG得到更多英文資訊，亦都可以上 https://spencerlam.hk/ 了解更多!