很多同學在溫習 中三 英文 作文時，都會遇到詞彙句構缺乏的問題，但其實要寫出漂亮的句子的確需要時間慢慢累積，而且不但要記得，而且要用得恰當！
中三 英文 寫作句子
句子 1：pass the exam with flying colors 考試拿到高分
- If you want to pass the DSE with flying colours, you must have industry, determination and techniques.
句子 2：turn into a debacle (= will become a failure) 成為失敗品
- If we keep building along our seafront, our city will become a huge debacle because our low living standard will take another dive, and no one would want to live here.
句子 3：berate/condemn/censure 譴責
- Instead of berating others, we should channel the energy into creating something new and useful.
- Many in society have condemned and censured this approach, calling it inhumane and cruel to students.
句子 4：all walks of life 各行各業
- People from all walks of life are entitled to the right to express themselves – it’d be wrong and ridiculous to limit that to the ruling class only.
句子 5：A far cry from 相距甚遠
- The movie is a far cry from the original book.
- He’s a far cry from the idealistic young writer he once was.
- Although many tutors claim to be a ‘god’ of some sort, you will realize that they are a far cry from what they proclaim to be when you scrutinize their own public results.
句子 6：learn the ropes 掌握要訣
- It didn’t take my assistant long to learn the ropes.
- Work slowly and carefully until you have learned the ropes.
- If you pay attention in class, I assure you that you will be able to learn the ropes quickly and take your grade to another level. Always remember this ironclad (鐵定的) rule: Being in the top 0.1% is difficult but being in the top 10% is always very easy.
句子 7：set off the alarm bells 響起警號
- The new report has set off alarm bells among many teachers because it forecasts a large decline in enrollment.
- Regarding the dangerous situations in online dating, if your date asks you to meet in a weird place, it should set off alarm bells.
句子 8：at the expense of [某物] ( 以…. 為代價)
- But some citizens worry that costs may be trimmed at the expense of the patient.
- According to this study, women have made notable gains at the expense of men.
句子 9：It is important/ curcial/critical to 做XXX是重要的
- It is important to toughen the penalties on the offenders of drink driving.
- It is crucial to integrate ethnic minorities into our society.
- It is critical to increase Hong Kong people’s sense of belonging to mainland China.
句子 10：Sbdy turns a blind eye to sthg 視而不見
- The government has turned a blind eye to the animal abuse problem.
- I don’t understand why you turned a blind eye to this urgent issue.
句子 11：Regardless of + n., SVO. 不顧
- Regardless of serious knee injury, Kobe Bryant insisted on playing the game.
- Example: The Chinese government demolishes many old buildings regardless of the opposition of residents.
句子 12：Sthg / Sbdy is famous / reputable / renowned / well-known / noted for + n. / v. +ing ...因…著名
- The movie industry in Hong Kong is famous for its kung-fu movies.
- The Mass Transit Railway system is reputable for its reliability.
- Hong Kong people are renowned for their persistence and hard work.
- The country parks in Hong Kong are well-known for their beauty.
句子 13：Sthg / Sbdy is known as / hailed as / acclaimed as sthg …被譽為…
- Hong Kong is known as Pearl of the Orient.
- Hong Kong is hailed as a shopping paradise.
- Hong Kong is acclaimed as a gourmet paradise.
如果大家有什麼英文問題，如Spencer Lam, 好唔好咁樣學英文呀? 或者IELTS考試，成人英文/商業英文的知識及英文資源，歡迎你可以隨時再跟我多交流一下，可以Follow 「Spencer Lam English Team」 Facebook page同IG得到更多英文資訊，亦都可以上 https://spencerlam.hk/ 了解更多!