很多同學在溫習 中 三 英文 作文時，都會遇到詞彙句構缺乏的問題，但其實要寫出漂亮的句子的確需要時間慢慢累積，而且不但要記得，而且要用得恰當！
中 三 英文 寫作 句子
句子 1：pass the exam with flying colors
If you want to pass the DSE with flying colours, you must have industry, determination and techniques. If you lack techniques, Spencer would be your tutor to help you.
句子 2：turn into a debacle (= will become a failure)
If we keep building along our seafront, our city will become a huge debacle because our low living standard will take another dive, and no one would want to live here.
- Instead of berating others, we should channel the energy into creating something new and useful.
- Many in society have condemned and censured this approach, calling it inhumane and cruel to students.
句子 4：all walks of life
People from all walks of life are entitled to the right to express themselves – it’d be wrong and ridiculous to limit that to the ruling class only.
句子 5：A far cry from
- The movie is a far cry from the original book.
- He’s a far cry from the idealistic young writer he once was.
- Although many tutors claim to be a ‘god’ of some sort, you will realize that they are a far cry from what they proclaim to be when you scrutinize A) their own public results, B) their experience in English-speaking countries, C) what undergraduate degree do they have.
句子 6：learn the ropes
- It didn’t take my assistant long to learn the ropes.
- Work slowly and carefully until you have learned the ropes.
- If you pay attention in class, I assure you that you will be able to learn the ropes quickly and take your grade to another level. Always remember this ironclad (鐵定的) rule: Being in the top 0.1% is difficult but being in the top 10% is always very easy.
句子 7：set off the alarm
- The new report has set off alarm bells among many teachers because it forecasts a large decline in enrollment.
- Regarding the dangerous situations in online dating, if your date asks you to meet in a weird place, it should set off alarm bells.
句子 8：at the expense of [某物] ( 以…. 為代價)
- But some citizens worry that costs may be trimmed at the expense of the patient.
- According to this study, women have made notable gains at the expense of men.