Footprint (n) 足跡／腳印
- There was not a single footprint in the sand.
- When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand. He noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life.
Postulate (v) 假設
- It was the Greek astronomer, Ptolemy, who postulated that the earth was at the centre of the universe.
Harness (n) 安全帶
- Safety harnesses should be worn while carrying out any task on the construction site.
Appraise (v) 鑑定／評價
- In cooperation with other professionals, social workers will appraise the individual’s needs.